- Applications can be submitted from government ministries, semi-governmental institutions or private organisations but must be government-driven.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a government guarantee letter for each project (see the funding page for more details). Applicants should submit an Executive Project Summary only if they believe they will be able to obtain a government guarantee letter. This can be submitted as an attachment to Executive Project Summary application but is not mandatory until the Full Project Proposal Stage (May-June 2017).
- There is no limit to the number of projects that can be submitted by each applicant. All applicants not selected for funding can apply again in subsequent cycles.
- All applications must be submitted in English. If this presents a significant challenge, applicants should contact the Project Facility (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least six weeks in advance of the deadline for applications for each cycle.
- Costs to the applicant arising from the application process are to be borne by the applicant.
- Co-funding institutions are listed on the funding page. Any questions on co-funding can be sent to email@example.com.
How to Apply Steps
The deadline for Executive Project Summary submissions for the fifth funding cycle is 15th February 2017 (17:00 Abu Dhabi time).
- View the Guidelines for Applicants and Background Information Note for the fifth cycle. There is also a short webinar for applicants that explains the application process.
- Carry out the Mandatory Eligibility Self-check. If you are eligible to apply to the Project Facility, please register and you will receive an email confirming your login details.
- Login to the online system to start your Executive Project Summary application.
- Click on “My Projects” on the left hand menu and you will be able to “Create Online Project” to start the application process.
- View the “Submission instructions” before starting the application form. Download the “Expert Considerations” document to see exactly how your project proposal will be evaluated by the experts.
Once you have submitted an application, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address. Applicants will be informed in May 2017 if any of their projects have been shortlisted. Shortlisted projects will be asked to submit a Full Project Proposal, including a full feasibility study and the government guarantee letter in June 2017.
If you experience any difficulties with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for IRENA/ADFD?